Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Catching up Part 3 End of June

Time flew by so quickly.  In no time, it was the end of the school year.  I don't have any photos of this, but I chaperoned my school's Prom.  I went to prom, again, but this time as an adult.  My friend Meghan, was my "date."  I must say, I had more fun at this prom than the three proms I went to when I was in high school.  I had a blast!  Meghan and I got the kids to dance, a lot.  We took over the music and I must say, we did a pretty good job at being DJ's.  There was an array of delicious desserts, including my churros, which were the first thing to be devoured at the dance.  Also, we even got our administrators to chill out and have fun for a night. Oh, we played all kinds of music, Russian man dances, Turkish ones, too I think...there was Spanish dancing, and even a piano performance.  I came home exhausted, but in a great mood.  The next day in class a lot of my students and I talked about the wonderful time we had at the dance.
About a week we went to our Stake activity where the kids played in a jumpy house.

It was so fun to watch the children have a great time.
After the Stake activity, we drove to Sugarhouse Park and attended my school's picnic. 
It was a brief visit.  Said hello and introduced Newel to some of my co-workers.  Here I am with Sumeye and Ayse. 
After, the picnic, I got ready for the arrival of the Carters.  Our house was still not quite ready, but we made it work.
Of course, we had a fabulous time with them...our only regret, not enough time. The trip was too short.
In the 2nd week of June, it finally got "warm" summer like weather.  So, on a Monday night we had FHE at the pool, followed by eating some yummy popsicles.
On June 25th, I turned 30.  A new decade!  It was a pretty uneventful birthday.  I wanted to celebrate it with my best friends in FL, so I didn't do much in UT.  Newel did get me a cake.  Looking back 10 years, they have been wonderful.  In 10 years, I met Newel, finished college, got married, moved 8 times, lived in 5 different cities, had 2 children, bought a house, lost a house, gained knowledge, and I've had the time of my life. Thirty is a good age. It'll be interesting to see what this decade brings.

Maya enjoying the summer weather

Maya got her first hair cut. Finally!  She was so good and calm while she had her hair cut. I had previously trimmed the front, but not touched the back. She looked a bit older.

No comments: