Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cousin Love and The Zoo

I know I've said this many times, but the more primas, the merrier.
Last Friday night, Arden had his first sleepover with the primas at their house. They had a blast. As the evening progressed, they were getting sillier and more tired. So at one point, Arden said something impolite to his prima Beatrix, which caused her to cry. He apologized, and they were friends again. Finally, they all fell asleep. The following morning we went over to their house to pick him up.

As Newel, went to the basement to let Arden know we had arrived, he was attacked by the primas so we wouldn't take Arden away.
Ah, true cousin love.
This isn't the first time they've attacked Newel for trying to take Arden home. A couple of weeks ago, they hid under blankets as Arden decoys, while the real Arden hid elsewhere. After Newel found the real Arden, the primas attacked Newel, and he ran back upstairs and told me to get Arden from the primas.
Other times, when the primas are visiting our home for FHE (Family Home Evening) they will hide Arden in their car. It's really cute.
I remember as a child, I loved playing with my cousins. Every Saturday, my mom and I would go visit my grandma (Abuelita Tere), then we would go visit my other grandma (Abuela Aura) where I would play with my cousins for hours. It was so much fun. Once we emigrated from Nicaragua, I missed my cousins terribly.

I loved them so much. They really were my best friends. Later, when we moved to the US, my other cousins were either too young to play with and hang out with. I was more like their babysitter. In the US I had other cousins , but I didn't really grow up with them in Nicaragua. Plus, they lived in Miami, which was 3 1/2-4 hours away. I didn't see them often.

Anyways, I'm really glad Arden has his primas to play with. They mean so much to him. Maya also loves to play with her little cousins. They are really cute, and they all play so nice together.
Back to our story. After Newel was attacked by the primas on Saturday, we were going to bring them home with us to play...but those plans changed to going to the zoo instead.

Newel took Mayita home. Arden and I went to the zoo with the primas.

They crack me up! They love to pose for the camera, unlike Arden and Maya.

So, as we were walking around the zoo, looking at the animals, the girls kept saying, "Karen, take our picture."
And they posed for me. How fun!
I think this photo is so fun. They're tying to get the cat in the back. I don't know if you can see it.

Ah, the new merry go round. It had all sorts of animals to ride on. I would have liked to go on the ride just to ride on a fun animal.
Arden chose the cheetah/jaguar? I can't tell them apart.

Zoe, rode on the white spotted cat.

Beatrix riding on top of the king of all cats.
It's Ruth-E riding on the okapi.











I think I would have liked the snakes on the log, or the ladybug with the grub.

They are so much fun.













"Karen take our picture with the gorilla."
Tabitha was super tired, so we it was time to go home. But the primas and Arden were not ready to go home. Can you see the disappointment on their faces?












No comments: