Over that past school year, I feel like I've missed out on some things in my childrens' lives. What, I'm not sure. I'm usually trying to keep them busy so they can give me some space. I think I've just missed them. I've missed being with them. Even when they drive me nuts. School is out for the three of us and since we've been on summer vacation, all I've wanted is to keep them to myself. This is unusual of me...really. I've loved having them to myself. We haven't really hung out with anyone else. We've had so much fun together. Just the three of us.
I've loved waking up in the morning and not rushing out the door. I've felt so much more relax and they seem more relaxed as well. I've even felt like I'm doing a decent job as a mother. I feel more patient. Sometimes, Arden wakes up in the morning comes down the stairs and just looks at books for like an hour. Maya loves to just play. I've loved it. I've had them all to myself during the day and it's been so good. It's moments like these I treasure.
I am grateful I can stay at home with my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment