
Before school started, we tried to do some fun activities we would have done, if we had stayed in Utah for the summer. There was $2 Tuesday in the month of August at Thanksgiving Point, so on a Tuesday afternoon, we were off to the museum. I thought if I took the kids in the afternoon it wouldn't be as crowded...Yeah, too bad for us, it was crowded. We were in and out, pretty fast. We had a good time, but honestly, I the older I get, the more I like to visit places that are less crowded. I think it's like when you're younger and can go on a roller coaster ride 5 times in a row without feeling nauseous. Then, as an adult you decided to ride that same roller coaster. However, this time you only ride it once and you're ready to toss your cookies. May be that's what's happening to me...I go to a crowded museum and I'm ready to toss my cookies...not really, but you know what I mean...It feels too crowded.

We had a great time the kids and I. After the museum, we hit the ice cream place...which had ice cream cones for dirt cheap. Then we went to the other shop and bought $2.00 cheesecake, along with a couple of boxes of $2.00 fudge to take home with us. Yep, it was a grand day at Thanksgiving Point.
A few days later, while Kristen was in Florida, Grandma and I took the girls to the Taylorsville pool for a fun afternoon. We had a great time swimming and we were there until the pool closed.

We were having some fun times. We also spent a lot of time looking for a new place to rent. After searching for 2 weeks, I found a place to possibly move to and then I got vetoed by Newel. So, we decided to save more money for a down payment on a house for next summer and renew our lease at our current place for another 10 months. Once we decided this is what we were going to do, things just seem to fall in place and I felt at ease. However, I'm not happy about driving Arden to school for the remainder of the school year. That's exactly what I didn't want to be doing. I just hope my van can last that long, since it's a lot of miles. On the bright side, this is the place we've lived the longest.
No comments:
Post a Comment