Saturday, May 17, 2008

Golden Gate Park with Friends

Ellie and Arden excited to see each other







Arden in the swing...so comfortable












Arden running to the cement slide...with his special "sliding" board.







A couple of Friday's ago, I venture into going to San Fran just with the children and me. When we go to SF, we go as a family and Newel does the driving. However, I needed to pick up my passport and I wanted to go to our club's fieldtrip with the kids, while Newel was busy. I was supposed to be at the park around 10:30/11ish. I got totally lost driving in SF, and after driving around for an hour, I finally found the building...which I've been to twice before, and then, of course I spent another while looking for a parking spot. Arden and Maya were SO GOOD while I drove around totally lost. By the time I picked up my passport, I was tired, hungry, and flustered. I wanted to go home, but I owed it to Arden, (who had been waiting so patiently the entire time I was lost) to take him to the playground with his friends...he had earned it.

As we arrived to park...didn't get too lost on my way there, Ellie was already leaving. However, they were still excited to see each other. We were in just in time for Arden to play for a little while with his other friends. They went home, while Arden kept on playing. I needed to get home soon, since I needed to pack for my weekend trip, so I finally convinced Arden to head home.

On our way home...of course I got disoriented and lost, then, my car broke down...at that moment I was really wishing I hadn't gone to the city. I knew the car had a lose wire to the battery, but when I checked, everything seemed in place. (By the way, while the car wasn't turning on, the kids were really well behaved and Arden was even encouraging saying, "it's okay mommy.") I didn't have my cell phone with me. A nice older gentleman stopped while I kept checking on the car, lent me his phone and I called Newel. He told me to try again...and the car turned on...after saying a prayer as well. I figured out where I was, the man lead me in the right direction, and headed home.

A few lessons learned on this day:

1. I need a gps system...badly!

2. Children can be so good and helpful.

3. Prayers are answered.

4. There are still nice strangers who are willing to help out.

No comments: