
After traveling on a bus all night, we arrived to the Bahia de la Luna resort very early on Monday morning. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait for a specific check-in time. This place was paradise in the middle of the jungle by the beach. It was amazing. I would have been happy spending an extra couple of days. Once we got our room, the kids changed into their swimming suits and rushed to the beach with Newel. I stayed in our room and did laundry. We were running out of clean clothes.
 |
| Chef Coco's delicacies |

After doing laundry, I got a chance to lounge around. Ahhh, it was so relaxing. This place was so nice. I was a bit unprepared for this place because I was expecting it to be like Acapulco, where you have vendors passing every 30 seconds selling you goodies. This place was pretty much a private resort, so there were no vendors and I didn't bring enough snacks and treats. So we had to buy all of our food at the hotel. Luckily, it wasn't ridiculously priced. There was a chef named Chef Coco, who was a phenomenal cook. Everything he made for dinner was delicious and he totally catered to our children by making them real pizza that wasn't served with ketchup or hot sauce.
 |
| Hermit crab races |
 |
| Winner! |
Both nights we were at Bahia de la Luna, the children who were there, had a hermit crab race. There were so many hermit crabs, Arden was in heaven. I think Arden won both nights and he got home made ice cream.
 |
| Scary little scorpion |
I know I write a lot about food...but the food here was wonderful. Locumba, the day cook, made her own jellies and breads. Pretty much all of the food was either made at the resort, like the fresh bread, drinks, jellies, or was bought locally. I was loving it. Chef Coco and I even had a conversation about cooking...grinding wheat, making whole wheat pizzas, growing gardens, how I made my own jam...it was fun. He totally spoiled us. I think Chef Coco made the experience at Bahia de la Luna even more pleasant. The managers were okay...Chef Coco was definitely the friendly guy.
I thought this place was heavenly, but my only complaint would be that they should have provided air conditioning or stronger fans. It was hard to fall asleep when you're covered in sweat.
 |
| Maya getting ready to flip |

On the first night, the children had a little scare. They were reminded that we were in the jungle and we had to be careful...that night we found a small scorpion hanging out on the mosquito net. Newel killed it. However, my brave children got scared and slept on the same bed, together because they didn't want the scorpions to get them. We tried to explain to them how the mosquito net works, by keeping out critters, but they wouldn't hear it. Around 1AM, both children crawled in bed with us. Even though the bed was big enough for all of us to sleep in, it was too hot, so I left them with Newel, while I went to sleep on one of their beds.
 |
| Arden kayaking solo |
The following morning was full of fun. We tried to snorkel as a family. We went swimming...we wore life jackets because it got deep really fast and sometimes the waves got big as well. We also went kayaking. Maya was the first to go with Newel and didn't like it very much after the kayak flipped and she went overboard. Later in the day, she tried it again, but still didn't stay on too long. Arden also went kayaking with Newel. Arden did so well, later in the day, Newel let Arden go by himself...with Newel following him...just in case.
We spent part of the day lounging around, playing in the sand, and just spending time together. That night, there were no more scorpion incidents, so everyone slept in their own beds.
 |
| Loving the hammock |
The following morning we left Bahia de la Luna on a super long (like 7 or 8 hours) van ride through the jungles of Oaxaca. It was a super curvy road... thank goodness for the nausea pill. The views were amazing...I just wish the driver wouldn't have made so many stops and would have driven faster. We practically wasted a day. Next time were taking a plane...even if it costs more...it's only a 45 minute trip...or something like that...
 |
| Our hut |
 |
| Tuna egg rolls...amazing! |
 |
| Our view from the hut |
 |
| Homemade pizza., without ketchup |
 |
| Chef Coco |
No comments:
Post a Comment